Car accidents can cause traumatic injuries, which may cause great financial, physical, and psychological pain. Individuals who get injured in a car accident that was caused by the gross disregard of road safety rules by another are entitled to compensation by filing a car accident injury claim.
Filing a car accident lawsuit isn’t as straight forward as most people think. In fact, when you need to hire a car accident lawyer in California, there are three important questions that you should ask yourself:
1. How Severe are Your Injuries?
- The severity of the injury will, to a large extent, determine the need to hire a car accident lawyer. The injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident can be either minor or severe and the serious injuries often result in extensive medical care. Examples of serious injuries include:
- Whiplash injury
- Sensory loss
- Organ damage
- Spinal injury
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Brain or head injury
Even if the symptoms of an injury don’t present right away, you should discuss your case with an experienced car accident lawyer. Regardless of the severity, an injury can result in serious physical or financial loss. Hiring an experienced car accident attorney, like Richard Rohde, ensures that you will receive the maximum compensation due to you for your damages.
2. Has the Statute of Limitations Passed?
Another important question that you should ask yourself is about the statute of limitation. Every state in the US has a statute of limitation that specifies the time within which a car accident case can be filed. In California a personal injury claim for a motor vehicle accident must be filed within 2 years, and If you were involved in an auto accident with a governmental entity, state, local or federal, the statute of limitations is six months. Failure to file within this time frame forever bars your case from being brought to court.
The clock starts ticking the moment the accident happens. However, in exceptional cases, it can be extended when a person knows about the extent of the injury weeks or months after the accident. It’s essential that you hire a California car accident lawyer before the statute of limitation expires.
3. Does the Lawyer You are Considering Have Relevant Experience?
Hiring a car accident lawyer is not an easy task. If you’ve never hired an attorney the process can be intimidating and somewhat overwhelming. Here’s a few items to consider when talking about your case with a potential attorney:
- Are you talking to a “personal injury” lawyer? Many attorneys say they are, but if their practice is not dedicated to personal injury cases you may not get the expertise you need.
- Has the attorney handled similar cases? The most common type of personal injury is a motor vehicle accident, but you should discuss recent cases, potential strategies and the possibility of going to trial if necessary.
- What types of results has the attorney had with car accident cases? You want to hire a lawyer who can show a track record of success. Rohde Law Office has handled numerous motor vehicle accidents and recovered millions of dollars for clients. We have the experience you need to successfully pursue your injury claim.
Get the Help of an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in California
Getting the help of a car accident lawyer immediately after the accident is highly recommended. An experienced car accident law firm like Rohde Law Office can help in gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses and investigating the incident which can prove the fault of the person responsible for the accident and secure maximum compensation.
Answering the above three questions will help guide you when retaining a car accident attorney. Attorney Richard Rohde is a highly dedicated lawyer who can help you in filing a claim in the court to receive maximum possible compensation for your injuries. Contact us today by dialing (626) 593-5786.