For any victim that has ever experienced a hit and run accident, it is likely that he or she would have experienced some form of injury or grievance. While there are a multitude of emotions that can transpire in the aftermath of a hit and run accident, a victim may often experience confusion as to how he or she could file a claim for his or her injuries. Experiencing a hit and run accident can create a great amount of stress for any victim but it is important to recognize that there are certain factors that could make the entire ordeal flow much smoother.
If you or someone you know has been a victim of a hit and run accident, it is important to understand that there may be an opportunity to obtain financial compensation for injuries and damages sustained. Seek the legal support of an attorney that has experience in dealing with personal injury law. The State of California enforces strict deadlines for all personal injury claims. Contact an experienced attorney who can legally advise you and represent you through the claims process.
Hit and Run Accidents
While most people experience vehicle accidents, few people experience hit and run incidents. Although these cases are fewer, they can nonetheless prove to be just as dangerous if not more severe as any other auto accident.
A hit and run accident can involve any vehicle accident that leads one driver to leave the scene of the accident without providing the other party with his or her contact information. The two most common examples of a hit and run accident include:
- A driver that has struck another vehicle and has chosen to drive off, or
- A driver that has hit another person’s parked or unattended vehicle and has left no form of contact information.
Important Steps to Take If You Are the Victim of a Hit and Run Accident
If you have been the victim of a hit and run accident, there are important steps you should consider that could help to protect your rights. By following these steps, you could also help to strengthen your case should you seek to file a claim for your grievances.
- Gather as much information as possible.
- The make and model of the vehicle
- If it is possible, the license plate number of the vehicle
- The color of the vehicle
- Gather witnesses information
- Obtain their names and contact information
- Write the location and time the incident occurred.
- Write the extent of damages done to your vehicle
- Take detailed photographs of the scene
- Take photographs of your vehicle and the damages caused to your vehicle
- Take photographs of the location
Seek Legal Support
A hit and run accident can cause many dilemmas as well as injuries. After an accident, the process of filing for a claim can be quite complex; contact the legal support of an experienced attorney who can guide you.
Attorney Richard R. Rohde of Rohde Law Office, APC has extensive experience in handling car accident claims. If you have been injured as a result of a hit and run accident, contact the legal support of an expert attorney who can assist you.